I’m Clarissa! I’m a Midwest girl, born and raised in South Dakota and I have just moved back! My husband and I are relocating from the Quad Cities to Spearfish, SD and we are so excited! I’m here on this planet to help as many people as I can transform themselves and live the life they dream of! Yoga has given me the confidence and strength to do this and forge a new path. My dream is to help you do the same!
Growing up I was a shy girl who was often teased and bullied for wearing glasses and being small and freckly. I struggled for years with poor self-image and was never happy with the person I saw staring back at me. I never felt good enough or sure of what my path was. And I never thought I would be brave enough to share my story, my vulnerabilities, and insecurities with the world.
After college I struggled to find my path. I was unsure of where I belonged. I fell in love with the world of museums and pursued a Masters in Historical Administration in 2012 where I met my husband Wade. But even during grad school I felt out-of-place. I was good at the work and enjoyed the opportunities and thrill of working with the history of places and people. But, I still felt like I was missing something. In the fall of 2016 I quit a good full-time job in pursuit of a dream. My dream is to share my love and passion for the practice of yoga and the lifestyle I have built around me that transformed my life. And in Fall 2018 I started back in a full-time job to help us facilitate a move West! I know that my path is not a straight one and full of many curves, twists, and turns and I am along for the ride!
After being introduced to yoga in college and dedicating myself to a practice I began to see myself not as a weak insecure person, but someone with drive, passion, and self-confidence. Attributes I thought I had long ago lost in my childhood. Today, through the practice of yoga and a lifestyle of confidence building I am elated at the person I am. I love that I have talents that come naturally, like teaching yoga and creating fun sequences or working one-on-one with students. I also love that I have spaces of growth left like delving into new content creation and creating programs for people. Yoga has given me so much and that practice is something I want to share with the as many people as possible!
I strive to life as authentically to myself as I can working with people, brands, and companies I believe in and put my heart and soul into what I do. I love to teach, I love to travel, to experience life in a way that most only dream of and to ignite that passion in YOU my students, readers, collaborators, and peers.
I love to travel and adventure and I am currently booking traveling teaching dates! Want to host me at your studio or retreat center? Shoot me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
My husband Wade & our newest addition Inkling (heeler/boston terrier mutt & love of our lives) & I love to be outside and camp and visit new places so if you are looking for content creators for your property or site we’d love to visit!
- I completed my 200 hr training in Rock Island, IL at the Tapas Yoga Shala with Evan & Kelly Harris in May 2014.
- I’m completed my 500 hr Yoga Teaching certification in May 2017 at Tapas with Evan & Kelly and am a registered E-RYT® 200, RYT® 500, YACEP®.
- I led my first international Yoga Retreat to Guatemala in Nov. 2017 and am working on my next several retreats to Washington state Oct 2018 and Greece April 2019!
- I guest taught and did photography for the Yoga Goddess Academy retreat to Costa Rica in April 2018 (book me to guest teach on your retreat and take pics!)
- I practice Ashtanga Yoga & in December 2015 I spent a month in Mysore, India studying at the KPJ Ashtanga Yoga Institute with Sharath Jois. I have also spent time learning from authorized and certified teachers like, Tim Feldmann, Kino MacGregor, and David Robson.