I’m Clarissa! I’m a Midwest girl, born and raised in South Dakota and now living in Western South Dakota. I’m here on this planet to help as many people as I can transform themselves and live the life they dream of! Yoga has given me the confidence and strength to do this and forge a new path. My dream is to help you do the same!
Growing up I was a shy girl who was often teased and bullied for wearing glasses and being small and freckly. I struggled for years with poor self-image and was never happy with the person I saw staring back at me. I never felt good enough or sure of what my path was. And I never thought I would be brave enough to share my story, my vulnerabilities, and insecurities with the world.
After college I struggled to find my path. I was unsure of where I belonged. I fell in love with the world of museums and pursued a Masters in Historical Administration in 2012 where I met my husband Wade. But even during grad school I felt out-of-place. I was good at the work and enjoyed the opportunities and thrill of working with the history of places and people. But, I still felt like I was missing something. In the fall of 2016 I quit a good full-time job in pursuit of a dream. My dream is to share my love and passion for the practice of yoga and the lifestyle I have built around me that transformed my life. And in Fall 2018 I started back in a full-time job to help us facilitate a move West! I know that my path is not a straight one and full of many curves, twists, and turns and I am along for the ride!
After being introduced to yoga in college and dedicating myself to a practice I began to see myself not as a weak insecure person, but someone with drive, passion, and self-confidence. Attributes I thought I had long ago lost in my childhood. Today, through the practice of yoga and a lifestyle of confidence building I am elated at the person I am. I love that I have talents that come naturally, like teaching yoga and creating fun sequences or working one-on-one with students. I also love that I have spaces of growth left like delving into new content creation and creating programs for people. Yoga has given me so much and that practice is something I want to share with the as many people as possible!
I strive to life as authentically to myself as I can working with people, brands, and companies I believe in and put my heart and soul into what I do. I love to teach, I love to travel, to experience life in a way that most only dream of and to ignite that passion in YOU my students, readers, collaborators, and peers.
I love to travel and adventure and I am currently booking traveling teaching dates! Want to host me at your studio or retreat center? Shoot me an email email@example.com
My husband Wade & our pup Inkling (heeler/boston terrier mutt & love of our lives) & I love to be outside and camp and visit new places so if you are looking for content creators for your property or site we’d love to visit!
- I completed my 200 hr training in Rock Island, IL at the Tapas Yoga Shala with Evan & Kelly Harris in May 2014.
- I’m completed my 500 hr Yoga Teaching certification in May 2017 at Tapas with Evan & Kelly and am a registered E-RYT® 200, RYT® 500, YACEP®.
- I led my first international Yoga Retreat to Guatemala in Nov. 2017 and my second to the island of Amorgos, in Greece in April 2019 with my partner Erin. You can find more info on our upcoming retreats and Yoga Teacher Trainings here.
- December 2019 – January 2020 I guest taught at the Utsava Maa a Global Women’s festival in Shri Jasnath Asan Panchla Siddha, Panchala Sidha, India.
- I guest taught and did photography for the Yoga Goddess Academy retreat to Costa Rica in April 2018 (book me to guest teach on your retreat and take pics!)
- I practice Ashtanga Yoga & in December 2015 I spent a month in Mysore, India studying at the KPJ Ashtanga Yoga Institute with Sharath Jois. I have also spent time learning from authorized and certified teachers like, Tim Feldmann, Kino MacGregor, and David Robson.